Buying a puppy Paws for Thought
- If you are thinking about getting a dog, #PawsforThought and give it some proper consideration.
Things to consider: Do you really know where your dog is coming from? Can you be sure that the dog isn’t from an illegal breeder or been stolen
If you decide to get a dog, consider rehoming an unwanted dog first.
- If you decide to buy a puppy, make sure to buy it from a reputable /licensed breeder who has made sure the puppy has had a good start in life.
- Once you have made the decision to buy a puppy, only buy one aged 8 weeks or more and make sure to see the puppy with its mother at its home.
- Never buy a dog or a pup that is delivered to you.
- Dogs must be microchipped at 8 weeks old, and dog owners are responsible for contacting the local council and licensing their dog.
- Dog owners are responsible for keeping the dog under proper control, and for meeting the welfare needs of their dog.
For more info on OPERATION PAWS FOR THOUGHT, click here.