Covid-19 restrictions start to ease
Updated 16th April 2021
From Friday 23rd April, the following regulations will be in place:
- Equine Assisted Therapy and Learning (EATL) on an indoor and outdoor basis in gatherings of up to 30 people
- Competitive outdoor sport organised by a club, individual or individuals affiliated can take place, with participant numbers not exceeding 100 and no spectators permitted.
- Outdoor visitor attractions including outdoor activity centres can take place
- Outdoor sport organised by a club, individual or individuals affiliated will be extended to include squad training
- Close contact businesses such as hairdressers and beauty salons can re-open
- Driving lessons and tests can resume
- Outdoor visitor attractions will re-open
From Friday 30th April, the following will be permitted:
- Permitted individual activites in gyms, swimming pools and other large venues. This includes with a carer and to allow 1-2-1 training and/or coaching with social distancing
- Up to 15 people from three households can meet in private gardens
- All non-essential retail can re-open
- Self-contained tourist accomodation can re-open
- Outdoor hospitality can re-open with a maximum of six people from two households
Exemptions apply, and more information on the current regulations can be found here.
We would urge members to ensure continued full compliance with the regulations in both letter and spirit which will put us on a platform to a return to full activity at the earliest opportunity.
CAI will continue to highlight the importance of country sports and its importance for the health and wellbeing in society.
You can read more about the regulations here.
Regulations for shooting, hunting and angling can be found here.
Find out how to access the support that has been made available to NI businesses and employees – who is eligible and how to apply.
Other useful links
- All devolved business support helplines
- Universal Credit: 0800 328 5644
- HMRC: 0800 024 1222 – this helpline is open from 8am-4pm, Monday to Friday